10.10.06
Heaven
When I sit at the beach, the strong breeze that touches my cheeks. I felt so close to heaven. Feeling the breeze with the car when it moves with the windows open. I missed it all. I used to be in a rowing team during my studies when I was in KLumpur. Though it was fucked up but I did have fun and never regret a thing there except maybe some stuff that left unsaid and unrepaired.

Going back to the rowing subject, I was on the school's rowing team. A cox5 with was 5 people on the boat but only 4 will do the rowing. I was rower 1 who was facing the cox. It was lucky of me that the rest of my team was either too tall or underweight that I fit into the equation perfectly. The coach at first didn't approve of my exictence in the club because he would prefer tall rowers instead of the average height with I have yet to reach. Calling it determination and fun, this was the first time I actually got involved dedicatedly into a sport. Doing rounds of running, climbing hills and most of all training furiously on the agrometer for a week in preparation for the regatta.

During training, it was pure torture but alas on the water, rowing for the 2000m in a few minutes, the heart soaring and hands pulling the oars. It was then I felt alive, the strong breeze that flush through my face till the finish line. I felt free. I want that feeling again though I know it won't happen. One day, when I have transport, I hope to be able to visit my old rowing spot at Empangan Batu. I wonder if the boathouse still stands where it used to and if members still go there to do training.

My only most regret about leaving that school was leaving the sport that had me fallen in love with totally. Here, the sport is totally unheard of. After I left, the team had fallen apart and gave way to newcomers and juniors. Memories like these are kept mostly in the heart and pictures that I was lucky enough to take whilst I was still there for a short 1 1/2 year.

Today I experienced alot of flashback memories. It was more painful than it was fun.